Di Long, Dried Lumbricus, Pheretima Pergilum
Buy Di Long 地龙, Qiu Yin 蚯蚓, Dried Lumbricus, Pheretima Pergilum, Earthworm, Rainworm Online. Shop The Best Quality TCM Herbal, Direct From Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herb Supplier, We Have Over 1000+ TCM Herbs, Any Question Just Feel Free To Conatct Us >> Welcome You!
Common Name: Pheretima
Chinese Name: Di Long 地龙, Qiu Yin 蚯蚓
Latin Name: Pheretima Pergilum
Other Name: Lumbricus Kwangtungensis, Lumbricus Nativus, Pheretima Vulgaris, Pheretima Guillelmi, Pheretima Pectinifera, 曲蟮、坚蚕、引无、却行、寒欣、鸣砌、地起翘、阮善
Origin: Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi Province, China
Storage: Keep in cool, dry and no light place
More About This TCM (In English):
Pheretima is in the shape of flaky elongated strip, twisted, 10 to 20cm in length, 1 to 2cm in width. Head and tail remains the original shape – slightly pointed front and blunt end. The whole body surface is with dense segments, among which the light-color segment between 14 to 16 segments is often called “white neck”. Back is brown or gray-red and belly is yellow brown. It is fishy, slightly salty, lightweight, brittle, easily broken, with thick wall and white section.
Main chemical constituents of Pheretima include hemolysis ingredient of lumbritin, antipyretic ingredient of lumbrofebin, toxic ingredient of terrestro-lumbrilysin, hypoxanthine, xanthine, adenine, guanine, guanidine, choline, alanine, valine, leucine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, lysine, and other amino acids. Lumbricus is one of important Chinese herbs, which is initially mentioned in Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing (Divine Farmer’s Materia Medica), the earliest Chinese pharmacy monograph, which recorded only 67 kinds of medicinal ingredients from animals. There this herb was classified into low-grade category.
Modern pharmacological actions
1. Its decoction and lumbrofebin have excellent antipyretic antipyretic effect;
2. Both its hot water extract and alcohol extract have sedative, anticonvulsant effect on mice and rabbits;
3. Pheretima hypoxanthine has a significant role on bronchial relaxation and antagonizes the bronchial contraction induced by histamine and pilocarpine;
4. Pheretima products, including tinctures, powder injectable suspension, hot water extract, decoction, etc., have slow and long-lasting antihypertensive effect;
5. Lumbricus extract exact has fibrinolytic and anticoagulant effect;
6. In addition, it also enhances immunity, fights against tumor, antagonizes bacteria, promotes diuresis, and excites uterine and intestinal smooth muscle.
Read More Info. About It (In Chinese 中文介绍):
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.