Hai Piao Xiao, Cuttles Cuttlebone, Cuttlefish Bone
Buy Hai Piao Xiao 海螵蛸, Cuttles Cuttlebone, Cuttlefish Bone, Sepiella Maindronide, Sepia Esculenta Online. Shop The Best Quality TCM Herbal, Direct From Traditional Chinese Medicinal Herb Supplier, We Have Over 1000+ TCM Herbs, Any Question Just Feel Free To Conatct Us >> Welcome You!
Common Name: Cuttlefish
Chinese Name: Hai Piao Xiao 海螵蛸
Latin Name: Sepiella Maindronide
Other Name: Cuttles, Sepia Esculenta, 乌鲗骨、乌贼鱼骨、乌贼骨
Origin: Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Shandong, Zhejiang Province, China
Storage: Keep in cool, dry and no light place
More About This TCM (In English):
As far as cuttlefish bone, or cuttlebone, is concerned, it plays a variety of different roles in the eyes of people from different backgrounds. From the perspective of a TCM practitioner, it is better known as Hai Piao Xiao, an effective Chinese herb that is commonly used in the treatments of gastritis and nocturnal emission. Main chemical compositions are 87.3% to 91.75% calcium carbonate, chitin, and phlegmatic temperament. In addition, it also contains multiple trace elements, including large amounts of calcium, a small amount of sodium, strontium, magnesium, iron, and trace amounts of silicon, aluminum, titanium, manganese, barium, and copper. Today cuttlebones are widely used in the treatments of gastric and duodenal ulcer, bleeding and perforation caused by ulcer, asthma, leg ulcers, and bleeding after pulling out a tooth and nasal surgery. So, how to take advantage of the health benefits from cuttlebones? And its pharmacological actions can give some inspirations.
Modern cuttlebone pharmacology
1. It resists peptic ulcer, tumor, and radiation and sets a broken bone;
2. Calcium carbonate contained can neutralize stomach acid, change the pH of the stomach contents, reduce pepsin activity, and promote the healing of ulcers;
3. After chitin contained reacts with organic matter in stomach and gastric juice, it could form a protective layer on the surface of the ulcer and then promote the blood coagulation;
4. Animal experiments showed that cuttlebone could obviously promote bone defect repair;
5. Its extract by edetic acid can inhibit S180 sarcoma and ascites sarcoma;
6. Its water extract by intragastric administration can significantly improve the survival rate of rats received 60Co radiation and serotonin levels in the blood.
Read More Info. About It (In Chinese 中文介绍):
海螵蛸，中药名。为乌贼科动物无针乌贼Sepiella maindroni deRoehebrune或金乌贼Sepia esculenta Hoyle的干燥内壳。分布于浙江、福建、山东等地。具有收敛止血，涩精止带，制酸止痛，收湿敛疮之功效。常用于吐血衄血，崩漏便血，遗精滑精，赤白带下，胃痛吞酸；外治损伤出血，湿疹湿疮，溃疡不敛。
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.